Durban Walking Tours
What we offer
- Walking Tours
- City Tours
- History Tours
- Market Tour
- Small Group Tours
- Point Tours
- Florida Road Tours
- Grey Street
- City Bus Tour
- Durban City Walk
Durban is a vibrant melting pot of culture, history, architecture, natural splendor, beauty and diversity. No other South African city embraces the cultural melting pot that is Mzanzi quite as spectacularly as our tropical and cosmopolitan city. From our cuisine to our lingo, Durban is all that South Africa is and hopes to be. With its unique pulse, the city is both energetic and laid back all at once, and it’s this very tempo that attracts people to visit and keep returning.
Ushaka Marine World is a world class entertainment theme park and has the largest aquarium in the Southern Hemisphere. It is located on Durban’s Golden Mile which is also one of Durban’s main attractions. If you are an active person who enjoys jogging, cycling, or walking you will surely love it. It also features numerous Zulu arts and craft stalls.
Durban also has fantastic golf courses one of them being the Royal Durban Golf Club, one of the few golf courses to be situated in the city in the middle of a racehorse track where the Famous Durban July is held.
Durban has a strong link with India as the first boat carrying indentured labourers arrived in 1860; the majority of Indian labourers worked on the sugar plantations. The strong Indian influence can be felt throughout the city with the many temples, mosques and markets selling fruit, vegetables and spices. Durban is also famous for curry and bunny chow.
There is no better way to see Durban than on foot with a local!
Basic Tour Info
- Tours available in English only.
- German/ Swiss German on special request for groups only
- The tours do not involve strenuous walking but chat to us if you have any concerns about fitness. Unfortunately, the tours are not wheelchair friendly.
- Private tours for birthdays, book clubs, team building, camera clubs, painting groups, corporates, school groups and many more – all welcome.
- Pick up and drop off at hotels and guest houses on request, for four people only.
- Always bring a bottle of water, sun hat, sunscreen and an appetite to learn!
- Plenty of comfort stops on all walking tours.
- Gift vouchers available electronically or hard copy; valid for 12 months from date of issue.